The following are what’s been up:
- I updated the Hurry up the Cakes About Page to finally reflect the fact that I am now a married man
- I co-founded a wrestling blog that focuses on the Filipino wrestling fandom called Smark Henry. Go check it out!
- I have owned an Apple Watch for half a year now, but have yet to write the official Hurry up the Cakes Apple Watch review. Here’s the short version: I have worn it nearly every day since it arrived, and the one day that I didn’t felt very weird.
- Two podcasts were so very gracious to have me on as guests on the same week:
- My old pal Sawyer Paul had me on his International Object podcast the day after the September Apple Event to discuss the new Apple products, fandom evangelism, and the fatigue that comes with being a critical fan. Check it out here!
- The boys over on the Smark Gilas Pilipinas Podcast invited me over after listening to the IO episode to break down the aforementioned critical fandom fatigue. In other words, we all just vented about how hard it is to be us. How arrogant. Check it out here!
- Klean Kanteen is a thing I am geeking out about. I want to write a long-form review of my 32 oz Insulated Classic water bottle with Sport Cap 3.0, but here is the short version: It’s beautifully designed, it’s the great for the environment, it’s incredibly durable, and you should get one. And try to never buy bottled water, as much as possible.
- Cooking is a thing that I do now. I don’t think I have any right to post about my own recipes (yet) (?), so I would just like to share a two of my favorites that I found online:
- My writing muscles are all out of shape. Some may argue that they’ve never been in shape, but I feel that they are now the worst they’ve ever been due to sheer inactivity. So here I am, declaring my weakness to the world, hoping to convince every one that I am not okay with it.
- We are on the Road to WrestleMania and it just seems like it would be so much more exciting if there wasn’t so much pressure for it to be the biggest ever, business-wise. It’s unfortunate that in a wrestling landscape which features the most collectively talented wrestling performer roster(s) ever, the foremost question on most fan’s minds (including mine) is “How will they impress enough casual/former fans to fill up Cowboys Stadium?”
- I promise not to make that same mistake for the WrestleMania moments of my life