- Everyone in the universe has talked about how wonderfully fantastically beautifully amazingly gorgeous the screen is, and they are right on the money. But unlike Josh Topolsky, I wasn’t distracted by the clarity of the screen–it pulled me straight into whatever I was looking at.
- In other words, the genius of the iPad is not that the screen is beautiful, but that it makes everything in it beautiful: The entire internet has never been prettier. Photos have never been crisper. Comic books pop right out of the screen–and I don’t need to zoom in to read the text anymore. Bloody brilliant!
- It is slightly heavier, but my muscular arms don’t mind the change.
- The very slight increase in thickness is imperceptible to everyone but my mom. If I didn’t already know it beforehand, I wouldn’t have noticed.
- …until I’d try to use my iPad 2 back cover on it. Which I did. It still fit, but it was noticeably snugger.
- The camera is much better than the iPad 2’s (which isn’t saying much), but I think the only time I’ll ever use it is if I absolutely have no access to my iPhone 4S.
The official review is still forthcoming. Be sure to send in any questions you might have about the new iPad (or life in general) over in the comments section, our Facebook page, or via my Twitter @mikeyllorin.